WestEd Position Announcement
|Position Title:||Reliable Child Assessor: ROWPVT, EOWPVT, Woodcock-Johnson|
|Program:||Center for Child & Family Studies|
|Hourly Rate:||$ 35.00|
WestEd — a nonpartisan, nonprofit research, development, and service agency — works with education and other communities throughout the United States and abroad to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. WestEd has more than a dozen offices nationwide, from Massachusetts, Vermont, and Georgia, to Illinois, Arizona, and California, with headquarters in San Francisco.
WestEd is a research, development, and service agency working with education and other communities to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. Drawing on the best knowledge from research and practice, we work with practitioners and policymakers to address education’s most critical issues. A non-profit agency, WestEd serves as one of the nation’s designed regional educational laboratories-originally created by Congress in 1966-serving the states of Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah. Our work, however, extends internationally, and there are currently ten WestEd offices across the United States.
WestEd’s Center for Child and Family Studies (CCFS) seeks to ensure that America’s children get a healthy start in life. We specifically focus on 1) increasing the availability and quality of child care for all children under age three; 2) improving the effectiveness of supportive intervention for children and their families who life in conditions of poverty and danger; and 3) influencing national, regional, and local policies and practices that have an impact on young children and their families.
CCFS has an immediate need for a reliable assessors who have demonstrated experience administering at least one of the following batteries of individual child assessments:
• Battery 1: Receptive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test (ROWPVT) and Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test (EOWPVT)
• Battery 2: Receptive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test-Spanish Bilingual Edition (ROWPVT-SBE) and Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test-Spanish Bilingual Edition (EOWPVT-SBE)
• Battery 3: Woodcock-Johnson III Achievement Tests: Literacy (Reading, Oral Language, Written Language) and Math
• Battery 4: Bateria III Woodcock-Munoz Achievement Tests: Literacy (Reading, Oral Language, Written Language) and Math
This position is short-term hourly. Assessment periods are October 14 through November 18, 2016, and February through May 2017.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Conduct direct assessments with preschool and kindergarten-age children in child care and kindergarten classrooms throughout California.
2. Adhere to all study procedures and processes and follow direction and feedback of study supervisors.
3. Complete required CITI Human Subjects Research online certification and other study requirements, including TB testing and fingerprinting.
4. Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and respect with children, teachers, administrators, and WestEd colleagues.
5. Follow WestEd procedures for initiating travel and submitting travel expenses.
6. Responsible for own transportation.
* Demonstrated reliability with Receptive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test (ROWPVT) and Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test (EOWPVT); Receptive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test-Spanish Bilingual Edition (ROWPVT-SBE) and Expressive One-Word Picture Vocabulary Test-Spanish Bilingual Edition (EOWPVT-SBE); Woodcock-Johnson III Achievement Tests: Literacy (Reading, Oral Language, Written Language) and Math, OR Bateria III Woodcock-Munoz Achievement Tests: Literacy (Reading, Oral Language, Written Language) and Math.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred.
* Ability to work well both independently and under direction.
* Must have transportation.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience working with staff and teachers at child care programs or kindergarten, preferred.
We invite you to Apply for this Position.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the online application process, please call 415.615.3131. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant Accommodation" in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals with a disability who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job. If you are not an individual with a disability and have a question or comment, please email email@example.com.
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.