WestEd Position Announcement
|Position Title:||PITC Partners for Quality Infant/Toddler Specialist|
|Program:||Center for Child & Family Studies|
|Hourly Rate:||$ 33.00|
WestEd — a nonpartisan, nonprofit research, development, and service agency — works with education and other communities throughout the United States and abroad to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. WestEd has more than a dozen offices nationwide, from Massachusetts, Vermont, and Georgia, to Illinois, Arizona, and California, with headquarters in San Francisco.
Partners for Quality I/T Specialists are responsible for providing training and coaching to infant/toddler center staff and/or groups of family child care providers requesting PQ services. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator, I/T Specialists work collaboratively with each
Organization’s administrative staff/FCC host, and contact person to negotiate and implement PITC PQ services and provide PITC training and technical assistance in accordance to the established PQ policies. The open position(s) require that applicants live in San Diego County.
The position’s responsibilities include:
• Work collaboratively with each Organization’s administrative staff and contact person to negotiate and implement PITC PQ services.
• Provide PITC training and coaching to assigned sites in accordance to the established PQ policies and procedures.
• Provide instruction and grading for students enrolled for academic credit in accordance with PQ policies.
• Submit all required paperwork in accordance with PQ policies, including but not limited to:
•Timesheets and copies of training participant sign-in sheets submitted weekly.
•Progress reports uploaded to PQ Database no later than the 5th of each month. Progress Reports describe changes, implementation, successes and challenges in both training and coaching activities.
o Local travel reimbursement and other claims monthly to the Sausalito office, no later than the 5th of each month.
•Closing paperwork including all academic assignments and grades.
• Report at least monthly to your PQ Regional Coordinator via telephone and/or email on status of training plan(s) and any challenges.
• Submit training plans for approval using the PQ database.
• Attend regional I/T Specialist meetings (3x/year) and other PQ training events (Advanced Training) as available.
• Participate in a minimum of one observation by your PQ Regional Coordinator each year. Discuss observation and incorporate feedback into the PQ
Certification in Program for Infant/Toddler Care Modules I-IV.
• Certification in Beginning Together (PITC module V) preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) language preferred.
• 24 units in Early Childhood Education.
• BA or higher (MA preferred) in Early Childhood Education, or related field.
• Experience working with infants/toddlers and families in center-based or family child care
• Minimum 3 years’ experience providing training and technical assistance to infant/toddler
center-based and family child care programs.
• Experience supporting program staff with strategies for implementation and change.
• Experience working with diverse communities.
• Computer access and ability to communicate, submit training schedules, and reports electronically.
Required Professional Development Activities
• Attend PITC Partners for Quality orientation with the Regional Coordinator
(approximately 2 - 4 hours).
• Attend Regional Quarterly Meetings.
• Attend Annual Advanced Training for PITC Partners for Quality I/T Specialists (two-day
event in northern or southern CA.
• Participate in an annual evaluation; including observation by the Regional Coordinator and reflective feedback discussion.
Required Data Submissions
PITC Infant/Toddler Specialists are responsible for submitting all required paperwork in accordance with PQ policies, including but not limited to:
o Copies of sign-in sheets from training and technical assistance activities submitted
weekly via fax/email.
o Progress reports uploaded into the established database no later than the 5th of each
month. Progress Reports describe changes, implementation, successes and challenges in both training and technical assistance activities.
o Training plan schedules input for approval via the established database.
o Closing paperwork submitted to PQ program, including all academic assignments and grades.
We invite you to Apply for this Position.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the online application process, please call 415.615.3131. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, you may send an email to email@example.com with "Applicant Accommodation" in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals with a disability who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job. If you are not an individual with a disability and have a question or comment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.