WestEd Position Announcement
- All health benefits effective first of the month following date of hire
- 15% contribution toward retirement effective day one of employment
- 15 vacation days, which will increase to 20 days per year beginning the 4th year of employment
- 12 holidays
- 12 days sick leave per year
|Position Title:||Project Coordinator II|
|Reports to:||Director Planning and Resource Allocation|
|Program:||Standards, Assessment, and Accountability Services|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
|Location:||San Francisco, CA|
WestEd — a nonpartisan, nonprofit research, development, and service agency — works with education and other communities throughout the United States and abroad to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. WestEd has more than a dozen offices nationwide, from Massachusetts, Vermont, and Georgia, to Illinois, Arizona, and California, with headquarters in San Francisco.
Standards Assessment and Accountability Services (SAAS) is involved extensively at the local, state, and national levels in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating standards and assessment tools, methods, and systems. Some of SAAS work is aimed at revealing how well students or workers are learning or performing; other parts of our work address broader concerns of accountability and program or school success. SAAS serves as the test-development contractor for high-stakes assessment programs in several states. Its projects also examine the technical aspects of assessment, as well as focus on a range of assessment and accountability-related issues for various student populations (e.g., English language learners, students with disabilities) and for traditional academic areas and developing fields (e.g., alternative school accountability).
The Project Coordinator will support project managers and directors of the Standards, Assessment, and Accountability Services (SAAS) program by helping to manage the flow of work on various SAAS assessment development and research projects.
The position will be based in WestEd's San Francisco office.
1. Provide professional-level project coordination for a variety of assessment item development projects under the direction of Senior Coordinators and Project Managers. Track and manage item flow through various stages of development.
2. Interface on a regular basis with internal staff at all levels in the organization, building effective relationships. Interface with client staff regarding the flow of items through the client review and approval processes.
3. Keep track of progress, issues, and risks informing leadership on an ongoing basis and escalating issues and risk in a timely manner. Assist in developing agendas for weekly client and internal meetings to ensure issues are communicated and work moves forward. Document decisions and action items resulting from these meetings.
4. May supervise one or more staff members, providing training, mentoring, coaching and on-going performance management.
5. Ensure consistency of approach across the program by following established processes and protocols while engaging in process improvement when appropriate.
• Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment dealing successfully with short- and long-term priorities simultaneously.
• Significant independent decision-making experience.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
• High-quality customer service skills, dependability, reliability and professionalism.
• Experience managing staff preferred.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office software tools, especially excel.
• Ability to quickly adapt to new computer programs/software.
• Resourcefulness and careful attention to detail while also keeping the “big picture” and program context in mind.
• Must be US citizen or authorized to work (visa sponsorship not available).
We invite you to Apply for this Position.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the online application process, please call 415.615.3131. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within three business days. Alternatively, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant Accommodation" in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals with a disability who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job. If you are not an individual with a disability and have a question or comment, please email email@example.com.
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.